Scott Weaver practices in the area of commercial litigation, general civil litigation, real estate and business. Mr. Weaver’s litigation focus includes real estate disputes, construction disputes, landlord tenant disputes, employment disputes, bankruptcy disputes, general business disputes and collections. He represents property owners, contractors, property managers, and small and large businesses and business people. He prides himself on resolving and/or litigating disputes in a manner that is most cost effective for his client. When possible, he approaches disputes with a business person’s frame of mind as opposed to a lawyer’s frame of mind. He is able to view disputes from a different perspective because he is also a small business owner and owns and manages a number of investment properties.
He is licensed to practice in federal, state and bankruptcy courts in both Washington and California.
Mr. Weaver often lectures and teaches other attorneys, property owners and property managers on the subjects of commercial landlord tenant litigation, bankruptcy and landlord-tenant law and collecting from defaulting commercial tenants.
Honors and Recognitions
Mr. Weaver was named by Washington Super Lawyers magazine as one of the top attorneys in Washington State in 2016 and 2017. He achieved a superb rating from AVVO and was named by Washington Rising Star magazine as one of the top up-and-coming attorneys in Washington state in 2002.
- JD, UCLA School of Law, 1996
- BBA, summa cum laude, University of San Diego, 1992
- Certification in Commercial Real Estate, University of Washington, 2008
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington
- State of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California, 1996
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California, 1998
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington, 1999
- Washington State Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- King County Bar Association
- Seattle Repertory Theatre, board of trustees
- NAIOP, member and committee chair
- Seattle Anti-Freeze, co-founder and co-owner
- University of San Diego Alumni Association, president of the Seattle Chapter
- UCLA Alumni Association, treasurer for the Seattle Chapter