Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with Carney Badley Spellman.
We are a leading law firm in Seattle Washington. Our clients include individuals, startups, closely-held businesses and Fortune 500 companies with offices in the Pacific Northwest and across the United States.
Carney Badley Spellman is continuously searching for highly skilled attorneys, paralegals, legal assistants and administrative staff to provide the highest level of service to our clients, are effective contributors and mentors to others within our firm and to our local communities.
We value and foster an environment that encompasses a culture of diversity, collegiality, respect and professional growth. Our employees come from diverse backgrounds and educations. We understand our employees are our greatest assets and essential to achieving the goals of our firm.
We believe providing benefits to our employees that include dependents and families is essential everyone’s overall health and vitality.
- Medical & Health Care Savings Account
- Life & Disability
- Paid Family Leave
- Long Term Care
- Retirement: 401k, Safe Harbor, Profit Sharing
- Transportation subsidy
- Employee Assistance Program
If you would like to submit your resume and cover letter, please send a .doc or PDF file as an attachment to email@example.com. Pease make the subject line the position you would like to apply for. Our Human Resources Department will review your resume.
2017 Career Opportunities
Carney operates an end-user environment of HP desktops and Lenovo ThinkPad laptops running Microsoft Windows 7. The core infrastructure operates on Windows Server 2008 and 2012 – Virtualization, and a Storage Area Network. Core applications include: ProLaw Enterprise, Microsoft Office 2016, Adobe Pro, RainMaker, Exchange 2010, Microsoft SQL 2008 R2.
The Director of Information Technology coordinates all operational aspects of the I.T. Department. The Director provides leadership and technical support in planning and managing all computer related services. This includes production support, systems and database administration, network operations, communications, and desktop support. Additionally the Director provides administrative and directional leadership to four I.T. staff members (3.0 FTE) in the department. This position reports to Chief Operating Officer.
In conjunction with I.T. department staff (Document Support and Applications Specialists and Help Desk Coordinator); the I.T. Director will:
- Plan, install, maintain and update all information systems;
- Troubleshoot technical problems on a timely basis;
- Design and install new hardware and software to meet defined requirements;
- Train and support attorneys and staff as “customers” of the department;
- Work with COO and other firm members in system planning and evaluation;
- Evaluate new hardware and software solutions;
- Prepare and manage annual operating and capital budgets;
- Manage and develop department personnel consistent with firm goals;
- Manage outside vendor and I.T. consultants effectively and efficiently;
- Establish and maintain written policies, procedures and workflows;
- Network with legal I.T. community to stay abreast of industry trend.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5+ years of experience in the I.T. field required.
- Bachelors degree in computer science, business administration or related field.
- Formal training in broad range of relevant operating systems and applications.
- Ideal candidate will have experience in a professional services firm environment.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Knowledge of all aspects of information technology, including computers, printers, networks, security, applications and telecommunications.
- Expert knowledge in the following software: MS Windows, MS Server 2008/2012, MS Exchange 2010, MS SQL 2008, ProLaw Enterprise
- Knowledge of principles and practices of management, supervision and organization.
- Knowledge of state of the art developments in information technology.
- Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of technical staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate (oral & written) technical information to all customers.
Competitive salary (dependent upon experience). Bonus based upon performance and varying work requirements. Medical, dental, life and long-term disability insurance benefits. Profit sharing retirement plan. Position is exempt.
1L Summer Clerkship
Business Associate Attorney
Litigation Legal Assistant
Accounts Receivable Assistant
Carney Badley Spellman is an Equal Opportunity Employer.