Ashley Long joined Carney Badley Spellman in 2015. She focuses her practice on intellectual property law, technology transactions, and corporate matters.
Ashley assists clients with identifying, protecting, and commercializing their intellectual property. She has extensive experience in trademark clearance, registration, protection, and enforcement, and currently manages the Carney Badley Spellman trademark practice.
Ashley is skilled in creating technology related commercial contracts, including licensing agreements, SaaS agreements, distribution and re-sale agreements, terms of service and privacy policies, marketing agreements, merchandising and product development agreements, and more.
Prior to joining Carney Badley Spellman, Ashley worked in prominent intellectual property practices throughout the country. She has taught the subjects of trademark law, unfair competition law, and copyright law at Boston area law schools. She was an adjunct faculty member at New England School of Law, and has served as guest lecturer at New England School of Law and Suffolk Law School.
Ashley resides in Seattle. She regularly speaks at seminars and workshops for entrepreneurs. Professional endeavors aside, Ashley’s extracurricular activities include hiking, boxing, gardening, and (sometimes unsuccessfully) baking. You can follow Ashley on Twitter and connect with her on LinkedIn.
- JD, New England School of Law, Associate Editor for the New England School of Law Journal of the International and Comparative Law, 2005
- BA, Alfred University, magna cum laude, 2002
Bar and Court Admissions
- Washington, 2011
- Massachusetts, 2005
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- “Legal Issues for Artists,” Fremont Abbey Arts Center, Fremont, WA, 15 November 2016
- “The Changing Legal Landscape of Digital Content,” WVLA, Seattle, WA, 24 February 2016
- “Pitching Presence, Seattle Angel Conference Educational Series,” Seattle, WA, 20 January 2015
- “From Trinkets to Body Parts: 3D Printing — Transforming Sci-Fi Fantasy Into Reality,” MITEF Innovation Forum, Seattle, WA, 15 January 2014
- “10 Things You Need to Know to Keep You Out of Legal Trouble,” IDEA World Fitness BlogFest, Los Angeles, CA, 13 August 2014
- “Crowdfunding and IP,” 3rd Annual Crowdfunding for Equity Seminar in Washington State, Seattle, WA, 5 December 2014