Joe focuses on startups and growth stage companies. He frequently represents companies in angel and venture financings, mergers and acquisitions, and other significant business transactions. He also represents investors in and acquirers of businesses, founders and executives and provides general counsel services to companies.
Joe is a member of the Angel Capital Association’s Public Policy Advisory Council. He has been active in advocating for laws to make it less difficult for companies to raise capital. Joe wrote the first draft of Washington’s equity crowdfunding law and later testified in favor of the bill that ultimately became law in Washington state.
- Startup Company Formation
- Angel and Venture Financings
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Stock Option/ Equity Plan Administration
- Alternative Financing Structures
- Equity Compensation
Honors and Recognitions
Best Lawyers for Business Organizations and Corporate Law 2016-2019.
- LL.M, New York University, 1996
- JD, Seattle University School of Law, 1994
- BA, University of Washington, 1990
Bar and Court Admissions
- Washington, 1994
- “New Law Changes the Liquidity Game for Tech Company Founders, Workers and Investors,”Co-Author, Crunch Network, March 10, 2016
- “The Holloway Guide To Equity Compensation,” Co-Author, 2018
- Angel Capital Association urges nomination of Joe Wallin for one of two new Securities and Exchange Commission members, Washington Post, December 8, 2016.
- Washington State Bar Association
- Partner, Davis Wright Tremaine LLP
- Partner, DLA Piper US LLP (formerly DLA Piper Rudnick Gray Cary LLP and Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich LLP), Seattle