Robert (Rob) Weber joined Carney Badley Spellman in 2008. Mr. Weber practices in Carney’s Real Estate Practice Group, focusing on real estate, banking and corporate transactions. Within his real estate practice, he represents landlords and tenants in commercial, office, medical and retail lease negotiations. He recently represented Public Hospital District No. 2 of Snohomish County (Stevens Hospital) in its negotiations towards a long-term lease of its medical facilities in Edmonds, Washington with Swedish Health Services.
Mr. Weber also represents owners and purchasers in the purchase and sale of commercial and residential properties, including shopping centers and commercial, office and mixed use properties. In connection therewith, he has represented purchasers and sellers of real estate and businesses through escrow and closing, and has served as the escrow agent in multiple transactions. In addition, he has represented banks and commercial lenders with commercial, construction and real estate secured loans, as well as assisting banking clients with work-outs and short sales of distressed real estate.
Within his business and corporate practice, Mr. Weber handles the formation of business entities for operating businesses and clients acquiring real estate. He has represented creditors in bankruptcy cases and foreclosures, as well as eviction and unlawful detainer proceedings. His business practice has also included the representation of a wide variety of businesses, including high tech companies, web designers, retail stores, convenience stores and gas stations. In addition, he drafts all types of business contracts and agreements, as well as a broad range of real estate documents and agreements, everything from deeds, to easements, to homeowners association and condominium declarations.
Honors and Recognitions
Mr. Weber was listed in Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” in Washington State for 2010.
- JD, Seattle University School of Law, 1996
- BA, University of Washington, 1993
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington
Seminars and Speaking Engagements
- “Negotiating the Commercial Lease, Landlord Tenant Law in Washington,” Lorman Foundation Seminar, 2014, 2013 and 2012
- “Commercial Lease Provisions and Issues, Commercial & Residential Landlord Tenant Law,” Sterling Education Services, Inc, 2013
- “Acquiring the Land, Real Estate Development From Beginning to End in Washington,” Lorman Foundation Seminar, 2006
- “The Art of Leasing, Real Estate Development from Beginning to End,” Lorman Foundation Seminar, 2006
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- Commercial Real Estate Development Association (NAIOP)
- King County Bar Association
- Washington State Bar Association
- Northeast Seattle Little League, President
- Laurelhurst Beach Club, former member board of directors and vice president
- Assumption-St. Bridget School, former president of parent board
- Pacific Northwest Alumni of Alpha Delta Phi, former treasurer
- The Harbor Club Seattle, Inc., former member of board of governors
- The Little School, Bellevue, WA, former member of board of trustees
- Slingerland Institute for Literacy, Bellevue, WA, former member of board of trustees