Tana Materi joined the firm in 1999. Prior to entering the practice of law, Ms. Materi was a finance officer and Captain in the Canadian Air Force. She served as the Squadron Logistics Officer for the Canadian Forces Air Demonstration Team, The Snowbirds, prior to her retirement from the Canadian Forces in 1996.
Ms. Materi has extensive experience in the areas of corporate/commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, partnerships, limited liability companies, and joint ventures. She works with family-owned and closely-held businesses of all sizes on wide-ranging legal issues, including contract negotiation and drafting, corporate governance issues, business counseling and shareholder disputes. She serves as outside general counsel to a number of private companies. Her merger and acquisition work includes representing buyers and sellers of businesses across a broad spectrum of industries, including retail, manufacturing, service, food and beverage, construction, consumer products and aerospace.
Honors and Recognitions
- Washington Rising Star magazine as one of the top up-and-coming attorneys in Washington state for each of the years 2006 and 2007
- JD, magna cum laude, Seattle University School of Law, 1999
- Business Management., University of Lethbridge,1988
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Washington
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Washington
- Washington State Bar Association
- King County Bar Association